Our alliance of SCORE Kansas City and Black business leaders will support the sustainable growth and expansion of Black entrepreneurs and businesses through mentorship, training, and engagement with sources of financial support. The SCSA will promote economic empowerment, eliminate barriers to opportunity, and foster communication with minority businesses, the largest potential growth sector in our economy. We will positively impact the communities in which we live and work.
Support and accelerate business development and growth, thereby strengthening the participation in, and impact on the economy.
- Enhance the communication between SCORE Kansas City and the business community SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteers with expert business mentors dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals.
- Accelerate the growth rate of enterprises owned by Black entrepreneurs and other diverse businesses through education and funding resources. Form strategic alliances with active CRA banking institutions and other lending institutions in the various communities.
- Deliver business-enabling programs that enhance business growth and sustainability. Develop workshops and content that will educate business owners on finance, borrowing, lending practices, and certification.
- Increase the positive impact on business owners, families, and communities. Explore new ways to define and measure success that is actionable, holistic, realistic (and creative). Ideally, support for starting a business, support for growing a business, support for access to capital and support for certification.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Access to Capital and Banking Strategic Alliances
- Financial Education, Borrowing and Lending
- Business Certification
- Developing Workshops and Content
- Business Startups
- Existing companies
KC Business Ecosystem for Black Entrepreneurs
In this ‘hands-on, how-to’ event attendees learned about a segment of the available community resources which can help you as a Black business owner or aspiring entrepreneur. The Ecosystem consists of Chambers and Associations, Businesses Enablers and Funding Institutions that provide support to entrepreneurs. Some of these institutions are led by Black business executives and focus specifically on supporting Black businesses.
This program generated 600 registrants and 200 attendees at the interactive event.
This was a FREE 3-day virtual event where keynote speakers shared their stories.
Users joined Host Mary Shannon and Black entrepreneurs and local resources for three power-packed sessions featuring stories, lessons learned, tips, resources, and more.
The topics covered included starting your business, growing your business, and financing your business!
This was a FREE virtual conference to hear from Black business owners in the Kansas City community.
- These entrepreneurs shared their experience in starting and growing their businesses. Topics covered included financing your business, networking, and how these entrepreneurs have marketed their business!
- We got inspired to launch and grow our own business!
- These entrepreneurs shared lessons learned, tips that have propelled their businesses, and answered questions from the audience.
Until further notice, all mentoring sessions are now remote, either by phone, email, or online.
SCORE Kansas City
On behalf of our 65 volunteers, the SCORE Kansas City Chapter 19 is pleased to welcome you to our website. SCORE Chapter 19 was formed in 1964, just four years after the National organization was chartered by the United States Congress.
We look forward to serving you soon, let us help you, help yourself. If you have questions about your business, trouble with your accounting system, or simply want to find out how to go into business, we are here to help!
SCORE Kansas City Main Office
UMKC Innovation Center
4747 Troost Ave., Suite 101,
Kansas City, MO 64110
Tel: (816) 235-6675
Office Hours: M-F 8:30 am - 12:00 pm