On this page you will find Resources and Partners that can help you with making decisions on you business. If you have any questions please call our offices at 816 235-6675.
- Federal Information Center Phone: 800-688-9889
- Internal Revenue Service - Tax Information
- Federal Tax Forms
- SBA Kansas City District Office
- Veterans Resource Center
- Census Bureau
- Social Security & Medicare Taxes (FICA)
- U S Citizen and Immigration Services (Form I-9)
- Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division
- Federal Grants
State and Local Links
- Missouri Business Portal - Great resource for anyone starting a business in Missouri
- Kansas Business Center - Provides information for anyone interested in starting a business in Kansas
- KC BizCare- Provides information and assistance in understanding and complying with City, state and federal requirements for a business.
- KCSourceLink - A free referral service that connects you to the business-building services you need in the greater Kansas City area.
- Missouri Procurement Technical Asssistance Center - Assist Missouri businesses in obtaining federal, state and local government contracts.
- Kansas Procurement Technical Assitance Center - Assist Kansas businesses in obtaining federal, state and local government contracts.
- UMKC Entrepreneurial Legal Services Clinic
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Missouri Department of Economic Development
Websites with Useful Resources for the Entrepreneur
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business & Technology Development Center - Missouri (UMKC)
- Small Business Development Center - Kansas (Johnson County Community College)
- H & R Block Business and Career Center - at the Kansas City MO Public Library - Source of data for starting or running a small business.
- Johnson County Library - Source of data for starting or running a small business.
- Kansas City Kansas Library - Source of data for starting or running a small business.
- Mid- Continent Public Library - Source of data for starting or running a small business
- Justine Petersen Micro Loans - Originates loans to entrepreneurs that do not have access to commercial or conventional loans.
- Thinking Bigger - The resource for Small and Emerging Businesses.
- Metro Dataline - A Source for data about metropolitan Kansas City.
- Kansas Women's Business Center - Provides services to current and aspiring women business owners in
- IRS Webinar - The IRS has a Webinar available on employment issues, especially whether a worker should be classified as an employee or independent contractor.
- KC Coworking Alliance - KCCA is a collection of independent collaborative coworking spaces in the Kansas City metro area.